Monday, December 22, 2008

A day at the mall.

Mark and I took Connor to go see Santa on Saturday. He was so excited. He knew exactly what he wanted to ask him for. A bat mobile from the new batman movie. I am very sure that he hasn't seen the movie but has see the toy on a commercial. So off we went to the mall. Connor being a very apprehensive 3 almost 4 year old we had to really talk up Santa. We met my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin's at the mall. I thought that if Connor saw Taylor who is 2 going to sit on Santa's lap then he would think that he could do it too. And what do you know IT WORKED!! Of course I forgot that pic at home but I do have a few others :)

We were walking around after our meeting with Santa and Mark noticed a Journey's for kids. My face dropped as soon as I heard the words come out of his mouth. I knew that we would be spending money :( So we walked in and of course Mark loved every shoe that would fit Connor's feet. I looked over and Connor was telling the young girl that worked there how he just sat on Santa's lap and how he could snap. Mark was distracted by the same conversation and looked over at me with a smile and said "that's my boy... picking up on the ladies". It was all very cute. So we picked out a pair of shoes against my better judgment. I have always been against buying expensive shoes for little kids cause their feet grow so fast. I thought about it and Connor only has a few things that are really his and he treasures those things. Going from our house to his mom's and back. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. We obviously can't afford to buy him shoes like this every time but it is nice every once and a while :) Of course Mark found a hat too so we got that. He also needed new pants and a white collared shirt to go under his vest for Christmas. It was an expensive day but it was all worth it to see the look excitement on his face :)


No comments: