Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Who would have thought!

Mark and I have tried to think of all the ways that the new baby would affect my stepson Connor. Obviously we were not thinking of what he currently goes through and how different it would be.

Currently his Dad and I have him Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every other weekend. It averages out to be 3 days a week. We just realized that he is starting to notice that his mommy lives in a different house than his dad... they never stay the night in the same house.... and he is always being shuffled around. We were watching TV a few weeks ago (John and Kate plus 8) when he said to me they are like Sarah and Daddy. I asked him what he meant. He said Daddy and Sarah live together and so do they. Keep in mind at his Mom's/Grandma's house he is the only male in the entire house. I thought to myself WOW he is really putting things together.

Last week Mark had to run out and exchange some chairs that we bought because they were too big for the table. (God forbid we measure before we buy things) I was eating dinner with Connor when he was telling me that his mom would need to feed the baby. I just sat there in shock. He continued to tell me that the baby would also be staying the night at his Mom's. I hadn't even thought of the fact that he had no clue about the living situation after the baby was born. Mark and I had a long talk after he went to bed on how we would tackle this one. YIKES!

Blurry but cute pic of Connor on X-mas eve :)

No comments: